Monday, May 19, 2008


So there's a pair of sunglasses that I saw that I really wanted. They're the Oakley Flak Jacket glasses. I like the way they look, I like Oakleys and I needed a pair of sunglasses anyway. So I was poking around their website to see how much they cost, what other colors they have (I'm pretty much set in the Jet Black/Iridium Black pictured here), etc. I was all set and happy, until I poked around the site some more and then ran into something that caught my eye pretty quickly:

"The Asian Fit."

...what in the name of fuckery could this possibly be?
Getting the right fit is essential for comfort, protection, and even optical performance. You may have heard industry terms like “European Fit” and “Asian Fit”. If sunglasses tend to sit too low on your face or slide down your nose, touch at your temples or cheeks, or feel narrow at the sides of your head, try our Asian Fit.
The nose bridge is narrowed and deepened and the nose pads are elongated.



Translation: Asians have flat noses.

The ear stems are rounded and bulged out.



Translation: Asians have fat heads.

The curvature across the front of the frame is flattened out.



Translation: Asians have flat faces.

This is pretty... interesting to say the least. It would sort of be if a clothing line released a jeans line called "Sista Girl" with more ass space or if they released a line of shirts with "White Boy Technology" that has deodorant built in. But they don't.

http://oakley.com/asian_fit

I declare fuckery on this one. I'm calling Sharpton and we're gonna march on their asses.

I'm going to get angry, worked up and protest.

...and then order a pair online because they'll probably fit me better.

1 comment:

Token Black Chick said...

Man, I almost fell out of my chair @ work when you sent the Oakley link. You were salty as hell!

That reminds me, I gotta let you borrow that episode of Drawn Together where Ling Ling's driving skills improve because his eyelids are taped... ;-)