Monday, May 12, 2008

WHY?

ignant
proudly, willfully ignorant. Holding up one's ignorance as a virtue, and using it as rhetorical and moral leverage. cf. Ignorance.

I'm sitting at my desk this morning, doing the usual Monday paperwork while glancing at CNN news headlines/videos when the inevitable occurs.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/05/12/edwards.skimpy.prom.dress.khou?iref=videosearch

I RUN ACROSS SOME MADCAP FUCKERY.

While I must acknowledge that I come from a wonderful nuclear family, (think Huxtables- yes dammit they exist) that feature a mother and father that have all the sense in the world, a brother who is a dead ringer personality- wise of no other than CARLTON BANKS, I wonder what life would be like if they didn't. Then I see some mess on CNN no less, that makes me wanna do a Southern Baptist 'I just caught the Spirit' church dance and I am FAR from religious...

I have a two-fold problem with this:

1) Retarded shit like this reinforces negative stereotypes which lead to what I most often encounter in the form of "you speak so well" and being regarded as the antithesis of how people believe African Americans carry themselves. Trust, someone somewhere thinks that this mess is characteristic of the whole. Meanwhile, MOST African Americans sit back and comment amongst themselves that this child is just IGNANT. And that my friends, she most certainly is.

2) This type of fuckery is almost always posted on a major website, like CNN or even better THE HUFFINGTON POST. Upon browsing through THE HUFFINGTON POST comment section on this, some idiot stated something to the effect of "this type of attire is popular amongst young Black females". Well... no boo-boo it's not, and if you ever see me walking around with a foot permanently lodged up my ass- THANK MY MOM. I still vividly remember getting 'checked' before I walked out the door.

I'm adding a THIRD dammit-
CAN YOU NOT FIND ANYONE ANYWHERE DOING SOME POSITIVE SHIT? ANYONE? ANYONE?!?!?!

This leads me to the 'WHY' part of my analysis...

Simply put, I would like to know the following:

- Why did this IGNANT TRICK get any airtime? Aren't people dying from tornadoes, cyclones and earthquakes? Shit, starvation?

- Why must I be subject to looking at her trainwreck half nappy, half straight weave and wonder why she said FUCK EFFORT on that- but the dress, (or lack thereof) was so crucial? Who let her ass out the house? Oh, my bad- the same folks that allowed her to wear that 'hood couture' fuckery. She was modelling that shit for CNN like she was on a damn catwalk... (shakes head in dismay)

- Is it not obvious that in a year or so, that she could be a contestant on the "FLAVOR OF LOVE", which is the EPITOME of hood fuckery. Flavor Flav would be all about that, with his IGNANT ass. Don't front, you thought that too.

Between the 'hood couture' fuckery and this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eXNClwV5AM

I'm going into hiding. THE IGNANCE IS OVERWHELMING...

1 comment:

Bhairavi Andrea said...

Child, let me tell you...living in NYC, you see all kinds of shit. The dress shorty wore was cool. I wasn't mad at it. They went too far, trying to put ol' girl in jail. Just tell her she'll get her money back and let her be on her way.

At the same time, that second video was straight crack is wackness. What the fuck is wrong with that girl...this should be a lesson to kids..

if you're gonna smoke crack, make sure you stay home for at least 5 hours before going outside cuz you bound to make an ass out of yourself real quick!!

All you can do is pray for these children.